All Time High Shampoo Hair Care Tip
- Buy shampoos & conditioners that match your hair type. Trial and error is the best way to find out what specific hair product is best for your hair.
- Shower with warm water; hot water can dry and/or irritate the scalp.
- It is important to wash your hair; shampooing removes dirt, dead skin cells, hair oils, any hair products you may put into your hair.
- When shampooing, rinse your hair out before applying any shampoo to remove any dust, dirt, and any other foreign items, then apply the shampoo onto your scalp and massage it gently with your finger tips and work your way outwards. After you are done make sure that you thouroughly rinse out your hair to remove any shampoo residue that may be left. Shampoo residue may dry your scalp/hair and or attract dirt. It is recommended that you only lather once to avoid drying your hair out. If you have oily hair, lathering again may stimulate your oil glands to create even more oil than normal.
- You should wash your hair as often as you feel necessary to keep it clean but a general rule for oily hair is that you should wash it every day or every other day and for dry hair only wash it 2-3 times a week.
- Try rotating the shampoo and conditioner periodically, your hair responds differently to different products.
- Use a conditioner after shampooing; it’ll moisturize your hair, give it extra protection, add shine, reduce static, and makes it easier to untangle.
- Use a leave in conditioner; it’ll hydrate and protect your hair. A leave in conditioner on your hair is the equivalent of moisturizer on your face.
- When conditioning your hair, try to spread conditioner evenly through out your hair and leave it in for a couple of minutes before rinsing out your hair.
- Put the conditioner in at about an inch away from the scalp, the roots of your hair contain the most oils and usually don’t need the extra conditioning.
- Be gentle when shampooing and conditioning. Don’t use excessive force rubbing your hair, remember hair is most vunerable when wet.
Article source via: http://www.haircareguide.com/tips.htm
- Hair Care Tip: Good Shampoo (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- Hair Care Secret That Doesn’t Cost Any Dime (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- Hair Care Tip: Relieving Stress (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)