Hair Care Tip: Relieving Stress
Remove stress from your life. Physical and mental stressors will keep your hair from realizing its full potential. Stress can cause hair loss, so try not to let stress overcome you. This means finding healthy emotional outlets for your stress: yoga, biking, meditation, or other forms of exercise all work well.
- Rinse your hair under cold water after you finish shampooing and conditioning to make it shine and look even more luscious than it was before.
- After you shower, try using a wide toothed comb, or even your fingers, rather than a brush.
- Put an oil on your hair at night before going to shower because this makes your hair shiny.
- Massage your scalp often:this will help your blood flow through it, and get your hair to grow faster.
- If you absolutely have to use heat, make sure you use a protective spray first. These are very inexpensive.
- When towel drying, don’t rub the hair vigorously. This splits the hair. Try using a micro fiber towel as they soak up lots of moisture.
- Don’t blow dry hair too frequently. Frequent blow drying, or use of other heat products, can stress your hair.
- Deep conditioning is very good for your hair. It keeps hair soft, healthy and moisturized.
- Most people use more shampoo than they need. Depending on hair length, you probably only need about a quarter sized dollop.
- Do not sleep with wet or damp hair. This will weaken the follicles and make hair strands brittle. Blow dry in low heat at the roots before bed.
- Rinse your hair with vinegar before shampooing. It makes your hair look shiny and cleaner; plus, it treats dandruff. Use 1 part vinegar (preferably organic apple cider vinegar) to 3 parts warm water, then rinse and wash your hair like normal.
- Detangler spray helps with knots so you don’t have to rip your hair out while trying to comb it.
- Stress has a bigger impact than you think. Meditation can be very helpful, as well as exercise.
- Taking a biotin supplement daily can help strengthen your hair and nails. The generic kind works fine and is inexpensive.
- You can naturally strengthen your hair by mixing carrots,and Fuze or Vitamin Water together in a blender and rubbing gently into hair before you wash. Be sure to wash out well.
- Wash your hair thrice in a week with herbal shampoo that you can prepare in your own home using some hisbiscus leaves and aloevera; just make a fine paste and apply it on hair and wash off after 15 minutes.
Article source via: Your Hair: Giving A Chance