How to Create a Good Hair Care Routine for Men
Shampoo: Choose a nice, soothing aromatic shampoo that is appealing to one’s taste.
Tone: Gently massage your scalp as you shampoo. Use the balls of the fingertips in a “spider doing push-ups” fashion. Most of the oil is near the scalp. If no conditioner is to follow, gently towel dry the hair by squeezing to avoid tangles. A light, BB-sized dab of a moisturizing conditioner works well.
Condition: Moisturize your hair. Conditioner is an essential hair product if your hair is dry.
Groom: Get the right tools. You’ll likely need the following:
- brush (natural bristles are best)
- comb (wide-toothed if you have curly hair) >
- pick (plastic or metal tines)
- hair dryer (if it’s less than 1000 watts, you’re wasting your time)
- If you keep your hair cut very short, you probably won’t need any styling treatments, as the oils from your scalp will be sufficient for your hair, and the short hair basically styles itself.
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips or the pads of your fingers–not with your fingernails.
- Get regular haircuts and trims from your trusted barber.
- Don’t be cheap about the styling products. Cheap ones will either dry out your hair or grease it up. Find good quality gel, pomade, mousse, and whichever other products that are best for your hair type. They may be a bit expensive, but you only need to use a little to do a lot.
- Worthy Hair Routines To Try (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- Best Way to Massage your Scalp (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- Hair Care Special: Hair Care Routine in Six Easy Steps (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)