How to Do a Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
Mayonnaise (album) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Purchase some mayonnaise at your local grocery store. It doesn’t matter which brand you choose, just as long as it is regular mayonnaise. (No need to get the low-fat stuff — it’s going in your hair not in your body!)
- Prep your hair using warm water to get it nice and damp, but not soaking wet.
- Scoop some mayonnaise out of the jar and start rubbing it through your hair like you would a conditioner. The amount that you are going to use really depends on the length and thickness of your hair. Feel free to lather on the amount that you feel most comfortable with.
- Wrap your head of hair with a plastic wrap, a plastic bag, or shower cap to trap the heat inside. Heat opens the pores and allows the treatment to penetrate strands further and thus work better.
- Let the treatment sit on the hair for at least 20 minutes. You can let it sit longer depending on how damaged your hair already is.
- Wash the mayonnaise out. This is most easily done in the shower using a diluted shampoo. You may need to shampoo a few times before you are able to get all of the mayonnaise out. Be sure to use the shampoo gently, not tangling the hair.