Hair Extension Care & Styling Tips
Hair Extension Care Tips
- Treat 100% human hair extensions and synthetic hair extensions gently.
- Nightly and before shampooing, carefully remove any tangles and gently brush through hair with a special looper brush with looped bristles designed to glide through hair extensions, wigs and hairpieces.
- Shampoo hair in the shower using a mild moisturizing shampoo. Lather hair gently and work the shampoo down the hair. Rinse and blot hair gently.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner daily and after shampooing and detangle hair gently using a wide-tooth comb. When shampooing at night, make sure hair is completely dry before going to bed. It’s best to let extensions air dry. If using a dryer, set on low heat and speed.
- To avoid tangling while you sleep, wrap hair up with a satin scarf or use a satin sleep cap or a satin pillow case to prevent friction.
Hair Extension Styling Tips
- To style hair extensions, use a looper brush, or a smooth styling comb. Start at the ends and gently work your way up, brushing or combing in a downward motion. Use alcohol-free styling products on hair extensions. Avoid over-use to prevent product buildup.
- Generally, heated styling appliances can be used ONLY on 100% human hair extensions. Use conditioning ionic ceramic heat styling tools whenever possible. Always do a test curl first, and use the lowest temperature level that is effective. Overuse of curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers a will shorten the life of human hair extensions. Heated curling or straightening irons should NEVER be used on synthetic hair.
- All hair extensions have gone through a very intense chemical color process to get to their final color, so changing the color with hair color will not produce accurate results
Article from: http://www.sallybeauty.com/beauty-hints/SOL_ExtensionCare,default,pg.html