How Yogurt Helps Hair
Quick and Easy Yogurt Tips
- Dab a little bit of plain yogurt on a blemish. Leave it on as long as you want (but no less than 10 minutes). This should help clear up that unsightly spot, and it will help reduce the redness associated with it.
- Smear yogurt on a sunburn. Apply the yogurt to the ouchie areas half an hour before showering. It’ll cool you down, and it will help lessen your glowing redness.
- Make a quick yogurt facial mask using … only yogurt! Just take that yogurt and put it on your face (lemme hear you say “Crunchy!”). Make sure your face is clean beforehand, and leave this simple pimple (or no-pimple, as the case may be) remedy on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Why Yogurt is Good for Your Hair
- If your hair is feeling a little brittle or dry, yogurt is going to fix you right up. It’s long been known as a hair softener, and it’s chock full o’ protein, which will help strengthen the follicles. It also, I’ve noticed, gives a distinct and head-turning shine to hair. The above picture was taken right after I’d used yogurt on my hair the first time, and since (now that I use it on a weekly basis), my hair has far fewer flyaways and is pretty darned awesome (and really psychotically long).
- The enzymes in yogurt will also combat dandruff and help soothe an itchy scalp.
- Again, it’s just a darned quick and easy fix when you want a hair mask that will be effective and simple.
Quick and Easy Yogurt Hair Tips
- Go for the ends, if you don’t have much yogurt to spare. Unless you have the aforementioned itchy scalp or dandruff, and you’re running low on yogurt (or time), just apply it to the ends before washing your hair. Let it do it’s job while you do something else (like read ALL of Crunchy Betty) and then wash as usual.
- Add a little cocoa powder and honey for a full-on shiny, darkening hair mask. This is my absolute favorite thing to do, because I love a deep, rich brown tint in my hair. Just mix together 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, and 2 Tbsp. honey. Apply ALL through your hair. Let this set for 30 minutes (to an hour) and then wash with shampoo. There’s definitely no need for conditioner after you’ve used this mask. Your hair will be soft, shiny, and out-of-this world with deep highlights.
- Drip in some lemon juice to bring out the blonde. If you’re more fair-haired, just toss in 2 Tbsp of lemon juice with 1 cup of yogurt, apply to your hair, leave on 30 minutes and then wash as usual. Pure gold.
Article from: http://www.crunchybetty.com/food-on-your-face-and-hair-yogurt