How to Use Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Start by choosing a very high quality virgin or extra virgin olive oil to apply to your hair and scalp. These types of olive oil have been processed without chemicals.
- Hot Oil Treatment. Mix together half olive oil and half castor oil. You can also add hibiscus petals for a good smell if you wish. Heat up the oil to lukewarm, then apply it to your scalp and hair. Massage the oil generously for ten minutes, then wrap your hair in a steaming hot towel. This will help lock in the moisture. When done, wash your hair thoroughly.
- Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil. For every three tablespoons of olive oil, add 7 to 10 drops of tea tree oil. Blend well, apply it to your scalp, and then cover your head with a shower cap or towel. Leave this on overnight, then shampoo your hair like normal in the morning. This is especially effective against dandruff, and it smells wonderful.
- Olive Oil Hair Mask. Combine half a cup of olive oil with one well-beaten egg yolk and several drops of lemon juice. You can also add lavender if you want a better scent. Put this mask on your head, let it sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it out. Shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Cinnamon-Honey Mixture. Create a paste to put on your head that helps reduce hair loss. Heat up two tablespoons of olive oil, then add one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. You can double or triple this recipe if you have longer hair. Apply it to your hair, leave it on for fifteen minutes, then rinse it thoroughly before you shampoo your hair.
- Taking Olive Oil Orally. You can also use olive oil when cooking to bring health benefits, including prevention of hair loss. Olive oil has many, many health benefits that can be captured by using it as cooking oil, or drinking olive oil mixed with water and a dash of lemon. Olive oil helps improve digestion, makes your teeth and hair stronger and even makes your skin clearer.
More Tips for Hair Growth.
- Keep in mind that even though olive oil can work wonders for your hair, you must complement the olive oil treatments with other lifestyle changes before it will truly work well for you. Enriching your diet with good foods, such as almonds, seafood and Greek yogurt, can help your hair become healthier.
- You should also focus on relaxation, as stress has been proven to lead to some hair loss.
- Hide your hair from the damaging effects of the sun by covering it with a scarf or hat when you go out – but make sure the covering it’s too tight, as that can cause problems too!
- Finally, look for hair products that are organic or very gentle on your hair, and don’t use too many of them. It also pays to avoid styling products or procedures that use heat, as that can damage your hair even further.
Article from: http://www.newhealthguide.org/Olive-Oil-For-Hair-Growth.html