How Does Coconut Milk Help your Hair Grow
You can use coconut milk as a conditioner or to make a moisturising shampoo.
What is in coconut?
It’s packed with vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5, and B6 as well as iron, calcium selenium, sodium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus. It’s also a good source of proteins and natural oils.
How does coconut milk help hair? It:
- Helps to protect hair from the loss of protein.
- Boosts hair’s body/volume and shine by replenishing hair fibres with oil.
- Helps to repair damaged hair
- Helps to detangle hair.
- Helps to soften hair.
- Treats a dry flaky scalp.
- Helps to treat hair loss – not scientifically proven but some claim tis so!
- By protecting hair and the scalp, it helps hair grow.
If you are making a shampoo coconut oil gives it a moisturizing quality so that the shampoo doesn’t strip your hair.
If you are making a conditioner then it fortifies hair fibres with proteins, iron and oils. Using heat by wearing a shower cap to trap body heat or blow drying over the surface of your shower cap helps with the absorption of nutrients.
Article from: http://www.nenonatural.com/3/post/2013/05/8-benefit-of-coconut-milk-for-natural-hair.html
- Home Remedies in Hair Fall (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- 10 Recommendations for Hair Loss (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- The 5 Tips for Natural Prevention of Hair Loss (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)