Beer For Hair
Beer is good for your hair. Its vitamin B and natural sugar content add volume and help your hair to shine. Chamomile is renowned for being a hair highlighting agent, and for blond hair, it can even improve the blond shine and cut through the brassiness of color treated hair.
Combine the two ingredients out of your pantry and you gain your own all-natural color lightening conditioner that will leave your hair shiny, thicker, and softer.
Shampoo as usual. Have the beer and chamomile tea already assembled and ready for use.
- Always do a cold water rinse because this seals the hair shaft and makes your hair shiny. It also helps to prevent split-ends and tearing of the hair.
Pour the pint (475ml) of beer slowly through your hair.
Rinse with cool (not freezing) or lukewarm water. Make sure to get all of the beer out of your hair.
Take the pre-made chamomile tea and pour it slowly through your hair. This will disguise any remaining beer smell and will also lighten and condition your hair. Let it sit for a few minutes.
Rinse out the tea with cool water. Dry as usual. You should notice a softer, more highlighted difference to your hair.
- Chamomile tea will change the color of your hair with repeated use. It will lighten hair, adding highlights or a blonder appearance.
- It is important that you don’t use really warm to hot water when rinsing out the beer and the chamomile tea. If the water is too warm or hot, you won’t see any benefits from this recipe.
- Chamomile can also lighten dark hair, or at least bring out lighter highlights.
- Use care doing this if you have already colored, straightened or permed your hair. Perhaps do a small test patch first. However, chamomile tea should be fine for dyed blond hair.
- If you have allergies to chamomile or beer, avoid the ingredient. The recipe can still work using only one of the ingredients if need be.
Things You’ll Need