How to Grow Eyebrows Naturally
Eyebrows are important as they influence the way we look. But due to hormonal imbalance, lack of nutrients and over-plucking among other reasons, it may take six to eight months to get your eyebrows normal growth back.
Makeup expert Simmi Ghai, Xpressions – The Make-Up Studio, shares with us some remedies straight out of your kitchen that can heal your brow.
- Castor oil: Castor oil has a very unusual chemical composition which is found in lesser concentrations in other seeds and oils. Gently massage castor oil for 2-3 minutes on each eyebrow and leave it for some time. Wash them after 30 minutes with lukewarm water and a gentle facial cleanser. Repeat the process only once a day for the consecutive days and stop urgently if any irritation occurs.
- Coco-lemon: One is concrete and the other is pulpy but the mixture made from coconut oil and lemon peel can surely help regrow your eyebrows. Take 1/4 cup of coconut oil and blend it in a clean container with sliced peel after which inculcate the mixture in a dark place for a fortnight. Take the mixture and dab over your eyebrows daily from a cotton ball right before going to bed. One can use this as long as they wish provided there is no irritation on the skin, and just avoid direct sunlight on eyebrows for 2 hours right after you apply this to fend irritation from citrus.
- Aloe-vera: If you have thinning eyebrow hair due to overplucking then you should definitely try the sap from aloe vera leaves on them. Crush aloe vera leaves and gently massage the juice over your eyebrows and let it seep in. The modulation effect of aloe vera helps in skin healing and increasing growth furthermore.
- Onions: The sulphur in onion juice can help in faster and denser regrowth of eyebrow hair. Grind an onion and rub the juice below eyebrow skin with help of cotton balls. Make sure you do not wash your eyebrows so that you derive its full benefit.
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi): Make a paste by grinding few fenugreek seeds and apply it on the brows just before going to bed or early morning before taking a shower. One can also mix almond oil to make the paste; the properties of almond oil will help moisturise your skin.
- Milky way: Milk and milk products are rich in protein and vitamins. Dip a cotton ball in milk and rub it over the eyebrow area at night. Inherited natural properties of milk provide nourishment to the hair roots and make them grow faster.
Original article via http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-12-08/beauty/34386154_1_aloe-vera-eyebrows-castor-oil
- Let’s Talk About: Castor Oil (irvingflashman.wordpress.com)
- Alopecia Areata Experience (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)
- A Care Center for Genetic Hair Loss (homemadehaircaretips.wordpress.com)