Read on to find out what it takes to achieve beautiful, oil-free strands:
– Avoid washing your hair every day because it will only strip your hair of its natural oils. Your scalp will produce even more sebum, and you will find yourself in a vicious circle.
– After you wash your hair with a shampoo for dry scalp (recommended in case of oily roots), cleanse your hair with a vinegar or lemon rinse (one part vinegar/lemon and 4 parts water). This will cleanse the shampoo residue, leaving your hair fresh, squeaky clean and less greasy.
– Stop using hot water on your hair, and rinse with lukewarm-cool water. Be patient and continue for a couple of weeks until your hair gets the message and produces less and less sebum.
– Wash your hair with Sulphur soap once a week and leave it on the scalp for some minutes before you rinse it out. Its astringent properties will give you healthier looking hair.
– Do not condition your hair roots (just the lengths and tips), and stay away from styling gels, waxes and oils that tend to weigh down your hair even more
– Avoid rubbing your hair in a towel and don’t blow-dry it using a high temperature.
Original article via http://hsiprofessional.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/simple-steps-to-prevent-and-treat-oily-hair